Backup the target context file on the target system before refreshing the dbTier or appsTier.
To refresh the target system, perform the following steps as described in previous sections:
- Prepare the Source System
- Copy the Source System to the Target System
- Copy the application tier file system if the APPL_TOP, COMMON_TOP, or tech stack needs to be refreshed. Copy the portion of the application tier file system that has been updated.
- Copy the database node file system if the RDBMS ORACLE_HOME or the database needs to be refreshed. If refreshing the database, the ORACLE_HOME should be refreshed at the same time.
- Configure the Target System
Specify the existing target system context file when running adcfgclone.pl commands:
perl adcfgclone.pl dbTier
where Database target context file is:
perl adcfgclone.pl appsTier
where Appltop target context file is:
- Finishing Tasks