FNDLOAD File Structure
· The configuration files (.lct) are delivered and maintained by Oracle
· It has entity definitions, parent-child relationships and user input parameters identified by :NAME
· Downloading a parent automatically downloads all children - (Example) Concurrent Program download
· The data files (.ldt) have both entity definition and the data
· It also shows the version and the location of the configuration file (.lct) that was used
· Without the configuration file, data file is useless
· Without the data file, configuration file is meaningless
On Unix - all the configuration files are in $FND_TOP/patch/115/import directory
On Unix Oracle also places the original configuration files in $FND_TOP/admin/import directory
You must run the FNDLOAD as apps user not as applsys or any other user, otherwise you will receive Ora-6550...error
· Both are easily readable, editable and portable
· Do not modify Oracle .lct files
· Use your favourite editor to manipulate only the .ldt files but be cautious about data type, length, delimiter placements etc.
· Use the log file outputs or .ldt file contents creatively for quick file comparisons and answer questions faster
Application level OR single entity level download
Upload the entire myfile.ldt or just a single entity indicated by - and mode UPLOAD or UPLOAD_PARTIAL
To override Oracle’s upload algorithm and update the custom AOL data regardless, use CUSTOM_MODE= FORCE
1. Give special attention when downloading Menus or Responsibilities.
In case you have several developers modifying Responsibilities and Menus, then be ultra carefull. Not being carefull will mean that untested Forms, Functions and Menus will become available in your clients Production environment besides your tested Forms, Functions and Menus.
2. Be very careful when downloading flexfields that reference value sets with independent values for GL Segment Codes.
By doing so, you will download and extract all the test data in GL Codes that might not be applicable for production.
3. There are several variations possible for FNDLOAD, for example you can restrict the download and upload to specific segments within Descriptive Flex Fields.
As the name suggests, FNDLOAD is useful for FND Related objects. However in any implementation, you will be required to migrate the Setups in Financials and Oracle HRMS from one environment to another.
For this you can use iSetup "Oracle iSetup".
Some of the things that can be migrated using Oracle iSetup are GL Set of Books, HR Organization Structures, HRMS Employees, Profile Options Setup, Suppliers, Customers, Tax Codes & Tax Rates, Financials Setup, Accounting Calendars, Chart of Accounts, GL Currencies.
Java Web Start provides a browser-independent architecture.. No dependency on Browser make or version for launching forms in EBS. Java a...
Adop phases 1) prepare - Starts a new patching cycle. Usage: adop phase=prepare 2) Apply - Used to apply a patch to the ...
In a multi-node environment, we have seen issues where one of the nodes gets abandoned due to few issues. Main cause is -- One of the ...
Below Pre-upgrade steps on 12.2 servers can be done well in advance before the actual upgrade downtime. Pre-upgrade Steps on 12.2 =========...