When trying to compile an applications form, the following (or similar) errors are seen, followed by other compilation errors.
FRM-18108: Failed to load the following objects.
Source Object: INV_MVT_RECORD_GROUPS
Source Object: INV_ALERTS
Source Object: INV_PARAMS
Source Object: SERIAL_ENTRY
Source Object: INV_LOT_ENTRY
Source Object: STANDARD_FOLDER
Source Object: INV_STANDARD_PC
Source Object: STANDARD_PC_AND_VA
Source Object: STANDARD_TOOLBAR
The above errors occur when the referenced forms either cannot be found, or cannot be opened. In the above example, the problem is with APPSTAND.fmb and INVSTAND.fmb. This will occur if FORMS_PATH has not been modified, and $AU_TOP/forms/US has not been added as described earlier.
If you have modified FORMS_PATH and still see the problem, check the following:
- Make sure you have exported the environment variable FORMS_PATH: start a new shell and confirm that the output from the command "echo $FORMS_PATH" still shows the new setting.
- Confirm you have read permissions on the referenced forms, such as $AU_TOP/forms/US/APPSTAND.fmb.
- Check that you do not have any old versions in your current working directory, as these will be picked up by Forms before it searches through the directories listed in FORMS_PATH.
- Ensure you can open the referenced forms in the builder
- If all else fails, use OS tracing (truss or strace as applicable) to determine why the referenced forms cannot be found or opened.